I’m still in Jackson Hole for meetings – back to New York next week. But wouldn’t it be great if the ski hill looked like this (with me on it)?
It doesn’t. Our poor mountain is a sheet of ice with only little taunts of an inch or two here and there to pretend like the snow gods have remembered us. A friend said to me he thinks we need the kind of snow that will shut the entire mountain down for a day or two just to get back to where we should be in the middle of January.
Soooo….we’ve been driven to focusing on what some consider the real point of a ski vacation anyway: the fun afterwards. It’s not such a bad thing to start the apres-ski revelry at lunchtime instead of when the lifts close! So here is my recipe for a good apres-ski party:
- hot tub (optional)
- a gorgeous view
- locally brewed beer
- really good tequila for shots between beers
- jam band and/or bluegrass tunes
- a guy who calls people “brah” and brags about hucking it off a sick lip into the gnar
- an expert skier who won’t talk about the crazy things he’s done unless you ask
- extreme skiing/snowboarding videos on the tv
- a big fire in the fireplace
- comfortable shoes
- a ride home